American Literature

Monday, November 13, 2006

A definition of "The Zone"
Our discussion of how sometimes we are able to get into a perfect mental state wherein we can do something that we've worked at perfectly brought to mind an episode of "Clarrissa Explains it All." This was my favorite show when I was younger and I remember a specific episode where Clarrissa's flute playing drastically improves and everyone is very excited. She then loses her skills due to pressure from an upcoming concert. Her dad then tells her about how she must have been in "the zone" and that he too was once in "the zone" while working as a bag boy at the local supermarket. He was the fastest and the best. He put the eggs in right and everything. He called this brush with brilliance being "In the Zone." This is why in my previous post I called Mick's skateboarding and Lucas's new discovery of the ease at which he reads Faulkner being in "the zone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home